The Development Monitoring and Evaluation Office (DMEO) is committed to building and strengthening the monitoring and evaluation ecosystem in India. We aim to learn from organizations in India and abroad and help channel this learning towards Union Ministries, States and other external organizations by exploring multi-stakeholder engagements involving organizations like funding partners, technical partners and researchers, technology and data partners, field partners etc.
Potential activities to be undertaken by DMEO along with its non-government partners include:
- Building practical M&E resources like guidelines, formats, tool kits and other knowledge products
- Developing and augmenting M&E curriculum and capacity building courses, and assisting with conducting the training, for government and external stakeholders
- Organizing joint courses, workshops, forums, seminars etc. in the field of M&E, including field evaluation experiences, case studies, research results etc.
- Inviting affiliate researchers to conduct research or information sessions on topics of mutual interest or issues including evolving areas in the Indian policy space
- Developing and connecting with networks of M&E professionals, evaluators, public policy practitioners, researchers etc. for knowledge-sharing, dissemination and collaboration
- Participating in a knowledge network comprising of Centers of M&E Excellence (anchor institutions in each State) and sector-specific research institutions (providing in-depth sector expertise).
- Conducting evaluation studies and assisting with the management of outsourced evaluations
- Secondment of personnel to the DMEO office and hosting DMEO team members as fellows
- Assistance with procurement and contracting of studies, including technical feedback on terms of reference, draft reports, communications material etc.
- Assistance with the development of technological tools to facilitate data collection, analysis, visualization etc., to provide actionable insights to decision-makers
- Anonymized data sharing
Current non-government partners
- Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL)
Development Monitoring & Evaluation Office (DMEO), NITI Aayog has partnered with J-PAL South Asia to build a strong and collaborative monitoring & evaluation ecosystem in India, consisting of government, academic institutions, civil society and industry. The partnership further strives to strengthen monitoring & evaluation systems and capabilities across key stakeholders.
- World Food Programme (WFP)
The Development Monitoring and Evaluation Office (DMEO) and the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) entered into a strategic and technical partnership to strengthen the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) ecosystem in India. The partnership strives to work together in the formulation of the national M&E policy, conducting joint evaluations and programme reviews, deliver high-quality M&E for government programmes by developing contextualized M&E toolkits and products, and support ongoing capacity building initiatives.
- Indian School of Business (ISB)
The Development Monitoring and Evaluation Office (DMEO), NITI Aayog, and Indian School of Business (ISB) signed a Statement of Intent to collaborate and establish a framework to encourage and promote cooperation in the areas of capacity building of the public officials and conducting joint studies in Monitoring and Evaluation of government policies and programmes in India. Through the partnership, both the institutions will also organize workshops, forums, seminars and such other activities leading to enhance advocacy of Monitoring & Evaluation in the country. In a virtual session, the SoI was signed by Dr Sekhar Bonu, Director General, DMEO NITI Aayog and Prof. Rajendra Srivastava, Dean, ISB.
- International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (3ie)
Development Monitoring & Evaluation Office (DMEO), NITI Aayog and International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (3ie) have partnered together to combine expertise, experience and capacities in strengthening the monitoring and evaluation in the country. The International Initiative for Impact Evaluation (3ie) is a global leader in funding, producing, quality assuring and synthesising rigorous evidence. The partner's global experience will be leveraged to develop various monitoring and evaluation frameworks and toolkits.
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Bangalore
The Development Monitoring and Evaluation Office (DMEO), NITI Aayog, and Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Bangalore signed a Statement of Intent to collaborate in areas of capacity building, content development for Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) curriculum, undertaking joint research studies in the areas of M&E. Both the institutions will also cooperate in the conduct of workshops and conferences leading to strengthening of M&E advocacy in the country. In a virtual session, the SoI was exchanged between Dr Sekhar Bonu, Director General, DMEO NITI Aayogand Prof. Rishikesha T. Krishnan, Director IIMB.