The Development Monitoring and Evaluation Office (DMEO) is committed to building and strengthening the monitoring and evaluation ecosystem in India. We aim to learn from organizations in India and abroad and help channel this learning towards Union Ministries, States and other external organizations by exploring multi-stakeholder engagements involving organizations like funding partners, technical partners and researchers, technology and data partners, field partners etc.
Potential activities to be undertaken by DMEO along with its non-government partners include:
- Building practical M&E resources like guidelines, formats, tool kits and other knowledge products
- Developing and augmenting M&E curriculum and capacity building courses, and assisting with conducting the training, for government and external stakeholders
- Organizing joint courses, workshops, forums, seminars etc. in the field of M&E, including field evaluation experiences, case studies, research results etc.
- Inviting affiliate researchers to conduct research or information sessions on topics of mutual interest or issues including evolving areas in the Indian policy space
- Developing and connecting with networks of M&E professionals, evaluators, public policy practitioners, researchers etc. for knowledge-sharing, dissemination and collaboration
- Participating in a knowledge network comprising of Centers of M&E Excellence (anchor institutions in each State) and sector-specific research institutions (providing in-depth sector expertise).
- Conducting evaluation studies and assisting with the management of outsourced evaluations
- Secondment of personnel to the DMEO office and hosting DMEO team members as fellows
- Assistance with procurement and contracting of studies, including technical feedback on terms of reference, draft reports, communications material etc.
- Assistance with the development of technological tools to facilitate data collection, analysis, visualization etc., to provide actionable insights to decision-makers
- Anonymized data sharing
Current non-government partners
Development Monitoring & Evaluation Office (DMEO), NITI Aayog has partnered with J-PAL South Asia to build a strong and collaborative monitoring & evaluation ecosystem in India, consisting of government, academic institutions, civil society and industry. The partnership further strives to strengthen monitoring & evaluation systems and capabilities across key stakeholders.