The Development Monitoring and Evaluation Office (DMEO) is committed to building and strengthening the monitoring and evaluation ecosystem in India. We aim to learn from organizations in India and abroad and help channel this learning towards Union Ministries, States, and other external organizations by exploring multi-stakeholder engagements involving organizations like funding partners, technical partners and researchers, technology and data partners, field partners etc.
The goals the office aims to achieve through partnerships include the following:
- Building a strong M&E collaborative ecosystem in India consisting of government, academic institutions, civil society, and consulting industry
- Meeting the M&E technical assistance needs of the Central and State Government and other stakeholders
- Conducting needs assessments for evaluation, assessment or other M&E support, providing diagnostics, developing plans and systems to address the identified needs, and conducting flagship evaluation studies
- Building capacity across the M&E ecosystem, including among pre-service and in-service civil servants at the Centre, State and local level; research organizations; universities, etc.
- To balance academic rigor with the practical needs of policymakers and constraints of existing systems
Existing capacities in the external ecosystem can be leveraged and activated to undertake a greater depth and breadth of activities than DMEO can undertake by itself. DMEO aims to explore multi-stakeholder engagements involving organizations like funding partners, technical partners and researchers, technology and data partners, field partners etc.
Our Key areas of Cooperation and potential activities to undertaken with partners include:
|National evalution curriculum and evaluator competencies|
|Trainings, workshops, MOOCs for DMEO, central & state govt and other stakeholders|
|TOTs with ATI/CTI|
|Toolkits and guidelines|
|State evaluation function assessment/ diagnostic studies|
|Sharing of knowledge and sector expertise|
|Sharing of data and IT resources/ expertise|
|Joint reasearch and evaluations|
|Seconded staff at DMEO for continuous support|
|Link DMEO to leading M&E practitioners & networks|
|Participate in knowledge exchange & dissemination platforms (conferences, workshops, etc)|